The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), with the support of TransCanada Corporation, RBC Financial and other partners, has launched a campaign titled My Mental Health. This campaign aims to increase awareness of mental illness in an effort to eliminate the misconceptions surrounding it. Their website, www.mymentalhealth.ca, presents the five-step plan.
- Learn about mental health by reading about the many types of illnesses such as depression, anxiety disorders and schizophrenia.
- Measure your mental health by assessing your knowledge and how you deal with certain stresses.
- Get help if you need it through the many types of help available such as counseling, medication or alternative methods.
- Take action to make a difference by advocating, volunteering, hosting a mental health party, or just simply helping to get the mental health conversation started.
- Donate to support local programs and events funding for CMHA and other local non-profit organizations ensures that resources for individuals living with a mental illness will be available when you or someone you know needs such resources.
Click here to take the Work-Life Balance Quiz by CMHA.