On December 12, 2007, there is a 1.5 – hour live audio conference from 2:00 – 3:30 pm ET. The conference will tackle important issues on Medicare. For those who would like to participate in this audio conference, you have until December 9 to register. The two featured speakers are Gayle R. Lee, JD and Steve Levine, PT, DPT, MSHA. For more information, please visit the American Physical Therapy Association website.
Changes to the Medicare program that go into effect in 2008 can have a dramatic effect on physical therapist practice and reimbursement. Find out the latest information on the new 2008 Medicare payment rates for outpatient therapy services, certification changes to the therapy plan of care, qualification standards for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants, the therapy cap, and more.
Expert outpatient physical therapy practice management and reimbursement consultant Steve Levine, PT, DPT, MSHA, joins Gayle Lee, JD, APTA’s Director of Regulatory Affairs, to provide critical information about Medicare’s new rules affecting coverage and payment for physical therapy services in 2008. During a Q & A session following the overview, participants may ask questions directly to the experts.Upon completion of the audio conference, you will be able to:
· Determine the bottom-line impact on your practice of CMS’s changes to the physician fee schedule.
· Identify the new therapy cap amount for 2008.
· Comply with rules regarding plan-of-care certification.
· Ensure your personnel are meeting the new qualification standards for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.
· Adapt your practice to participate in the physician quality reporting initiative (PQRI).
· Cite the latest government activities regarding the therapy cap and fee-schedule payment amounts.
· And much more!
APTA Members and Life Members: $79
APTA Members’ Office Managers (must be registered by the APTA member): $79
Nonmembers: $149. No group rates are available.
Each registrant will receive a CD-ROM of the audio conference to be mailed after February 1, 2008.
If you can’t participate live in “Medicare 2008-Changes for Physical Therapy,” you may purchase the CD-ROM (AV-44VP), which includes the audio-conference recording and handouts, all for the same price as the LIVE seminar, available after February 1, 2008. Member price: $79; Nonmembers: $149. Don’t miss this chance to learn about 2008 payment rates and coverage for physical therapy services.
2. Please Note: An e-mail address is required for registration in order to send a confirmation. APTA does not share e-mail addresses with any other parties. Please use your most frequently used email address to ensure the timely receipt of your confirmation materials.
3. You will need a credit card for payment.
4. You will receive an e-mail with a toll-free number and access code to dial in for the presentation, and the Web site to download course handouts. It is imperative that we have a correct e-mail address so that we can provide this information.
Continuing Education Units
Each registered participant will receive a Certificate of Attendance to earn .2 CEU or 2 contact hours after successful completion of a test with a score of 70% or better.