By popular demand a Basic Bobath course is planned for Melbourne in 2008 (venue to be confirmed). The course will be conducted over 3 weeks, 14 – 26 April 2008 and 16 – 20 June 2008. At the end of this workshop participants should be able to:
- Understand the principles of the Bobath concept
- Understand current neurophysiology relevant to the application of the Bobath concept
- Understand the range of normal movement and appreciate major causes of deviations of normal movement and posture
- Analyse movement in terms of efficiency and recognise potential causes for lack of efficiency
- Use enhanced observation, analytical and facilitation skills, acquired through the study of normal movement, to develop individual treatment strategies for patients with movement disorders
Pre requisites of the Course
- Attendance at a ‘What is Normal Movement’ course is a required for application to the Basic Bobath Course.
- Successful completion of the course requires submission of an independent project (either an essay or single case design study) between week 2 and week 3 after the course.
- Those participants who have indemnity insurance please provide proof with payment.
- It is recommended that OT’s revise their anatomy prior to the course as there will be an assumption of this knowledge base.
- Pre reading suggestions will be forwarded closer to the time.
14 – 26 April 2008 and 16 – 20 June 2008
9am – 5pm
Members regular – $2450.00
Members late – $2800.00
Non-members – $4400.00
Closing date: Monday, 3 March 2008
Deposit required on registration of $800.00 and the balance by the closing date. Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome. If the substitute is not a member then the non member fee will apply and extra payment will be due. We regret we are unable to offer a refund on this course. There are restricted places in this course – book early to avoid disappointment.
Source: OT Australia Victoria