Progress Healthcare in Singapore is offering 2 Kinesio Taping Courses on May 22-23, 2010.
The Kinesio Taping Method fosters the body’s natural ability to heal itself by activating neurological and circulatory systems to correct biomechanical dysfunction, relieving pain & other symptoms. Participants will learn the fundamental concepts of Kinesio Taping as well as advanced corrective techniques for mechanical, fascial, tendon/ligament, and lymphatic problems.
• Describe the concepts of Kinesio Taping.
• Review muscular anatomy as it is related to Kinesio Taping.
• Explain and Apply the concepts of the Kinesio Taping Method.
• Describe the unique qualities of the Kinesio Tex Tape.
• Recognize the principles of Kinesio Tex Tape application.
• Utilize and demonstrate application skills in guided laboratory sessions.
• Demonstrate application skills during lab sessions.
• Practice the various cutting techniques and their clinical application.
• Apply Kinesio Taping method to relax and stimulate muscles.
• Apply Kinesio Taping methods for pain, swelling, joint mobility and stability.
• Apply various taping techniques for treatment of the spine, and upper/ lower extremity dysfunction
• Apply various taping techniques for treatment of unique conditions using the concepts and principals of the Kinesio Taping Method.
The Kinesio® Taping Instructor will present material based on an International syllabus, conducted with lab sessions for taping practice. Each participant will receive materials, books, certificate and upon completion of the course access to an online database.
KT1 Fundamental Concepts, Screening/Muscle Test, & Muscle Applications (To be taken in conjunction with KT2)
The KT1 course is designed to introduce practitioners to the Kinesio Taping® Method. Over the course of this 8 hour class, the instructor will discuss the fundamental concepts of the Kinesio Taping® Method and the unique properties and use of Kinesio® Tex Tape. During lab sessions, attendees will have ample time to practice screening and muscle testing created for the enhancement of your KT skills and muscle applications for both the upper and lower body. Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to discuss and apply the Kinesio Taping® Method to relax overuse syndromes, stimulate weak muscles, and decrease pain and swelling. In addition to instruction provided by a Certified Kinesio Taping Instructor (CKTI), the attendee will receive 2 full-color Kinesio Taping® Workbooks (KT1 Workbook 1) to augment their training. Each attendee also receives one year membership to the Kinesio Taping® Association which includes access to a reference data base.
KT2 Advanced Concepts & Corrective Techniques (Pre-requisite, completion of KTA approved KT1 course)
The KT2 course builds on material learned in KT1. During this 8 hour class, the instructor will introduce the six Corrective Techniques (Mechanical, Functional, Space, Fascia, Ligament/Tendon, and Lymphatic) and discuss their application in a variety of clinical conditions. During lab sessions, attendees will have ample time to practice applying these techniques to a variety of upper and lower body conditions. Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to discuss and apply the KT Method to orthopedic & neurological conditions. Attendees will receive Workbook 2 (KT Correctional Techniques and Clinical Applications) to augment their training.
Click here to view seminar guidelines. For further information, contact Shalimar Sports International C/O Mr. Sanju at (632) 5269861 (63)9175336449 or at email@example.com. Deadline for registration is April 12, 2010.