Date & Time
Thursday, May 27, 2010 from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDT (US)*
* That is Friday, 28 May 2010 from 12AM to 1AM, Philippine time.
Linda Hodgdon will be interviewing Marianne Bryant, her co-author for the NEW E-book, Practical Communication Tools for Autism: Using Visual Strategies for Lifelong Success. Marianne has lots of delightful stories to tell that really help you understand the power of visual strategies in her family. In this entertaining and informative program they will highlight:
1. Believe that visual strategies work.
2. Become a persistent detective.
3. Get proactive about anticipating what is going to happen.
4. Remember that our children/students may not understand what we think they understand.
5. Make visual tools to create order in the home.
6. Remember – success with visual strategies is often lots of “little things.”
7. Understand that visual tools can (and should) change & morph over time.
8. Use visual strategies to help students successfully handle new, unusual or unique situations without a meltdown or major trauma.