The University of Santo Tomas, College of Rehabilitation Sciences Center for Health Research and Movement Science in cooperation with the Gatorade Sports Science Institute will be holding its 3rd Sports Science and Medicine Postgraduate Course: Towards the Quadricentennial Celebration of the University of Santo Tomas with the theme “OPTIMIZING ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE THROUGH SCIENCE IN SPORTS” on July 30 – August 1, 2010.
The convention will have plenary sessions with topics on:
- Sports Medicine In The Philippines
- Hydration: Improving Athletic Performance and Injury Prevention
- Hydration Knowledge and Practice
- Sports Science And Medicine: Philippine Center For Sports Medicine Experience
- Prevalence Of Sports Injuries: A University of Santo Tomas Experience
- Exercise Program in the Prevention of Lower Extremity Injuries
- Glycemic Impact of Foods and Sports Performance
- Motor Control in Sports
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: New Technique in the Diagnosis of Sports Injuries
- New Surgical Techniques and Current Trends in the Rehabilitation of Knee Injuries
- Functional Training and Plyometrics after Lower Extremity Injuries
There will also be simultaneous workshops on the following: Sports Emergency, Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, Motor Control Exercises In Sports, Exercise Program In The Prevention of Lower Extremity Injuries, Basic And Functional Taping, Functional Training and Plyometrics Training, Malalignment Syndrome.
Contact 09167832712/09085528688 for more details.