Are you self-employed or thinking about it? What Health Care professionals need to know.
The Canadian Association of Occupational Therapist (CAOT) is pleased to host a Lunch-time Learning Web-based Workshop. This web-based workshop, or Webinar, will take place over three lunch-time installments:
Thursday February 7, 2008 12:00 – 1:00 pm PST or 3:00-4:00 pm EST
Thursday February 14, 2008
Thursday February 21, 2008
Thursday May 8, 2008 12:00 – 1:00 pm EST
Thursday May 15, 2008
Thursday May 22, 2008
The Webinar will consist of 3 (three) x 45-minute presentations with a 15-minute question and answer time at the end of each session. All are encouraged to participate in the interactive question period after the presentation. Your questions can also be “texted” to the presenter for personalized responses.
You will access the Webinar from your own computer via the Internet. Simple instructions for accessing the Webinar will be available on the CAOT website. We are sure you will enjoy this continuing education experience from the comfort of your own computer!
Learn with other health care professionals about:
- Trends in growing private practice
- Are you right for private practice?
- Values checklist and screen for being an entrepreneur or business owner
- Common pitfalls of business
- How to be a success (Boundaries, Energy, Comfort with risk, Support Systems, Reserves, Coaching)
- Tax strategies and how to work within our tax system
- Budgeting concerns. What is the best system?
- Benefits – how to supplement. What do I need to buy? What do I do with my pension?
- Incorporating. Still a new idea for health professionals, but does it make sense for you?
- How to set up your own financial plan (short, mid and long-term)
- How much insurance is enough? What do different insurance plans do?
- Benefit plans vs Health Trusts… what’s the difference and what’s better?
The speakers are Bradley Roulston, BA, CFP, CLU, RHU (Healthcare Financial Group) and Hilary Drummond, B.Sc OT (Creative Therapy Consultants), Certified Executive Coach, A.C.C.
CAOT Members: $99 plus GST = $104.94
Non-Members $132 plus GST = $139.92
Click here to download the February 2008 registration form. To register, please contact CAOT at email@example.com, or call 1 (800) 434-2268, extension 231.