When & Where
October 23-24, 2010
SM City Cebu Trade Hall
The Autism Society Philippines will be conducting the 1st Regional Conference in Cebu hosted by ASP-Cebu Chapter, dubbed as “THE SPINNING TRUTH BEHIND THE SPECTRUM (WE’RE ALL in this TOGETHER: TEAMING UP with FAMILIES, PROFESSIONALS and SOCIETY).” This conference will provide the participants different perspectives in understanding the nature of Autism and how it affects the children.
This two day conference will also provide resource speakers and guide all professionals in the proper management of those affected, including the families and the community. We are expecting an attendance of 500 participants from the different parts of the country.
Speakers* for the two-day conference include:
Day 1 – October 23, 2010 Saturday
– The UNCRPD and RA 9442: Atty. Leila de Lima – Manila
– The Science of Autism: Dr. Jacqueline J. Espina – Dev. Ped., Cebu
– The Genetics of Autism: Dr. Barbra Cavan-M.D. – Cebu
– Seizing Seizures Etc. – Dr. Madeleine Sosa, Neurologist – Manila
– Sensory Integration – Chrissy Coronel, OT, former Head of OT Dept. UP Manila
– Speech Language and Communication: Mae Sadicon – Speech Pathologist-Manila
– Mainstreaming or Inclusion: Prof. Mercedes Adorio- UP Diliman, Manila
– Off to Work: Archie David – Professor, UP Manila
Day 2 – October 24, 2010 Sunday
– Case Study: Managing Severe Behavior – Mark Eugene Saballa, Dr. Myra Altonaga-Dev. Ped, Cebu
– Puberty and Issues in Adolescence: Dr. Nick delos Santos, Chicago, USA
– Living, Loving and Learning with Autism: Ms. Dang Koe – Manila
– Developing Social Inclusion: Anthony Grecia, OT, MA Psychology, Ateneo de Manila
– Siblings’ Side of Story: My Sorongon MA Sped UP – Manila
– Daddy’s Power: Evert Mapalad – Pres. ASP Metro South
Should you have any questions, clarifications or concerns regarding this matter, please contact the Conference Secretariat, Socorro A. Deligero, at (032)416-5505 / 0922-8248-567 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Topics are rather interesting, so before you head off to the Saniflo toilet, it may be worthwhile registering and attending this event.
* topics and speakers may change without prior notice