The Philippine Physical Therapy Association (PPTA)
physical therapists, physical therapy students,
allied rehabilitation professionals and physicians to
Implicit Motor Learning:
Theories and Applications in Pediatric Physical Therapy
Catherine M. Capio, MSc, PTRP
Institute of Human Performance, The University of Hong Kong
22 July 2011 (Friday)
2nd Floor Broadcast Studio, Building 5,
Emilio Aguinaldo College (EAC),
San Marcelino St., Manila
– Development of the implicit motor learning theory
-Benefits associated with implicit motor learning
– Objective evidence of neural activity
2. Learning paradigms
– Discovery learning
– Analogy learning
– Errorless learning
3. Errorless learning in children
– Interactions with fundamental movement abilities of children
– Field-based application in fundamental movement skills training
4. Errorless learning in children with disabilities
– Fundamental movement skills training in children with intellectual disabilities
– Fundamental movement skills training in children with cerebral palsy
5. Implications for pediatric physical therapy practice
– Verbal instructions
– Level of task difficulty and progression
– School-based applications (Adapted PE)
TOTAL HOURS & CPE UNITS
3 hours, including forum and PPTA information session.
This seminar is being reviewed for CPE units by the Professional Regulations Commission.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Catherine Capio is a pediatric physical therapist and ergonomist. A Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy alumna of the College of Allied Medical Professions, UP Manila, she is currently pursuing doctoral studies at the University of Hong Kong. In this seminar, she shares what she has learned through her research.
Registration opens at 1:30 pm. Limited seats are available, and pre-registration is needed to confirm slots.
Kindly forward your complete name, e-mail address, type of registrant (professional or student), choice of venue and mode of payment to Sheila Brotonel, PTRP at firstname.lastname@example.org, or SMS 0917.960.8361.
Participants shall receive registration acknowledgment from Ms. Brotonel.
PPTA members and PT students: Php 300 (PPTA ID or student ID/recent Form 5 required)
Others: Php 500 (PRC ID must be presented for CPE registration form)
Registration inclusive of course materials and certificate of attendance.
Proceeds of this seminar shall be for the PPTA Technical Working Group on RA 5680.
For more details, click here.