When & Where
September 21-23 (Friday to Sunday), 2012
Navotas Evacuation Center; and
Center for GOALS, 109 Katipunan St.,
Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City
Do you want to make your practice attuned and responsive to the changing needs of society? In particular, do you want to be one of the few occupational therapists in the country trained in disaster preparedness and response? Then grab this golden opportunity to train under one of the pioneers in disaster preparedness and response in occupational therapy– Dr. Kit Sinclair, past WFOT president and current WFOT Ambassador.
Dr. Kit Sinclair is one of the moving forces in the development of the WFOT’s Disaster Preparedness & Response Information and Resource Package. She continuously trains occupational therapists around the world in this area of practice. She will be joined by expert-speakers from the country including representatives from Handicap International and the Center for Disaster Preparedness Foundation.
· Understand the present DP&R framework and Guidelines- national, Sphere and others
· Identify present local and regional supports and strategies (various provinces-issues and present actions in DP&R and in OT-related DP&R)
· Identify specific needs, community based needs including persons with disabilities (PwD) and older persons (OP) and women
· Draft strategic plan/professional guidelines for local and national action (e.g. need for coordinated national committee, list of OT experts, etc) including assessment and monitoring strategies
· Develop collective and personal capacities for disaster preparedness and response
To optimize learning, the workshop will be limited to 15 participants. To reserve your slot and learn more about registration details, please send an email with your name, mobile number, and institution/school to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservation is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Source: OTAP Inc.