When and Where
25 May 2008
9 AM to 4 PM
Function Hall, 2nd Floor, EGI Tower, Taft Avenue, Manila (near Dela Salle University), Philippines
The lectures aim to:
- Discuss basic characteristics and differences of the four main types of cerebral palsy based on the Bobath Concept: spasticity, athetosis, hypotonia, ataxia.
- Discuss the content of the Bobath Short Guide to Assessment.
- Discuss the principles and methods of assessment of the child with cerebral palsy based on the Bobath Concept.
- Discuss and show sample assessment results.
- Analyze component of postural control in terms of postural tone and postural patterns within a group.
- Differentiate and identify clinical classification of the child with cerebral palsy.
- Identify main and associated problems and discuss their relationship to each other.
- Discuss aims of treatment and activities that will promote improvements in the child’s function in daily life.
Schedule of Activities
8:30- 9:00 REGISTRATION
9:00-11:00 Bobath Clinical Classification of Cerebral Palsy (with working break)
11:00-11:50 Bobath Short Guide to Assessment
11:50-12:00 BAG-Philippines Announcements
12:00- 13:00 LUNCH BREAK
13:15 -14:30 Workshop: Assessment Exercise (Group Work)
14:30-14:45 B R E A K
14:45-15:45 Discussion of Workshop Output
Pre-registration (until May 19, 2008): 1,000 PhP
On-site registration: 1,200 PhP
Registration fee includes 2 snacks and handouts.
For reservations and inquiries, please text or call BAG-Philippines at (63) 917 733 6409 or email them at email@example.com.