The following announcement was forwarded to us by the De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde School of Deaf Education and Applied Studies. They will be offering sign language classes this year to both children and adults.
This Summer, LET YOUR HANDS SPEAK!
Enroll in FILIPINO SIGN LANGUAGE Summer Classes for KIDS and ADULTS at De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde School of Deaf Education and Applied Studies.
Take on a new challenge while having FUN!
Sign language is considered one of the most fascinating languages to learn.
Reasons for Studying Sign Language
1. Learning a new language helps build confidence
2. Being a bilingual or trilingual expands your cognitive processes
3. You can sign with your mouth full or talk through windows of restaurants or offices
4. Efficient gestural communication for professionals like scuba divers, firefighters, police officers, stock traders
5. Sign language might help public speakers become more at ease with their hand gestures
6. Pilots and astronauts in earphones and/or helmets can say their final words a bit more than a “thumbs-up” sign and smile
7. A patient with acute hearing/vocal loss in an accident can convey in signs to communicate what s/he feels, needs or wants.
8. Enriches culture and art when used in its naturally simultaneous, cinematic nature
9. Adds a dynamic spice to school-day and bedtime storytelling. Kids love it and are hooked!
10. Enhances performing arts in theatre and dance. It produces a live, richly imaginative cinematic-like narrative in 4-dimensional language.
11. You can be sure that nobody can overhear through doors, “whisper” in signs in a library or church, or lively talk in noisy bars and discos.
12. You can have an edge over the other contestants when you join The Amazing Race!
April 8-18, 2008
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Schedule of Classes
April 16 – May 28
Kids (7-12 years old)
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
10:00 a.m.-12:00 nn
Filipino Sign Language Level 1 (for Adults)
Wednesdays & Fridays
For inquiries, contact (632) 526-7441 to 47 local 131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.