Bobath Philippines once again invites you to one of their seminars titled Management of the Child with Cerebral Palsy at Home and in School. This seminar is directed more for Teachers, Special Educators, Nurses, and Caregivers and is conducted in celebration of the National Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Week (July 17-23, 2008).
When & Where
July 20, 2008
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Function Hall, 2nd Floor, EGI Tower, Taft Avenue, Malate, Manila (near Dela Salle University)
- Discuss the Bobath clinical classification of cerebral palsy and principles of treatment.
- Discuss normal development and its applications in the management of children with cerebral palsy.
- Discuss principles of management of the child with cerebral palsy at home (including special arrangement of discount furniture to accomodate the child’s needs) and in the school setting in the following spheres of function:
- Transfers and mobility; physical education
- Object manipulation, play, and handwriting
- Bathing and toileting
- Speech and communication
Schedule of Activities
8:30- 9:00 Registration
9:00- 10:00 Introduction to the Bobath Concept
10:00-11:45 Definition and Bobath Clinical Classification of Cerebral Palsy (Specific Needs of the Child with Cerebral Palsy)
11:45-12:00 BAG Announcements
12:00-1:00 Lunch Break
13:00 -16:00 Management/Activities at Home and in School (with break from 14:45-15:00)
16:00- 16:15 Q&A about specific problems
Pre-registration (From June 1- June 23, 2008): 1,000 PhP
On-site registration: 1,200 PhP
Registration fee includes 2 snacks and handouts.
For reservations and inquiries, SMS or call BAG-Philippines at (63) 917 733 6409. You may also send them an e-mail at email@example.com.