Better Hearing and Speech Month (BHSM), which is an annual event, provides opportunities to raise awareness about communication disorders and to promote treatment that can improve the quality of life for those who experience problems with speaking, understanding, or hearing. The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) has provided resources for the public.
Hearing and Speech Resources
Whether it’s a hearing loss, difficulty with swallowing or balance, a disorder such as stuttering or delayed language, or a voice problem, a person’s ability to learn and interact with others can be affected.
- What is an Audiologist?
- How Hearing & Balance Work
- Causes and Effects of Hearing Loss in Both Children and Adults
- Treatment & Rehabilitation
- Hearing Screening
- Web Links Related to Hearing Conservation
- Hearing Loss and the Audiologist