When & Where
August 17, 2008
9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Function Hall, 2nd floor, EGI Tower, Taft Avenue, Malate, Manila, Philippines (near Dela Salle University)
- Discuss the needs of the child with low tone/hypotonia.
- Discuss the needs of the premature and high risk infant.
- Demonstrate activities (tone influencing patterns) to promote proximal activity and head and trunk control for increased participation in play and activities of daily living.
- Demonstrate activities to stimulate the child with low arousal and attention.
- Discuss the application of facilitation, inhibition and stimulation in the planning and implementing of occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech therapy management of the child with cerebral palsy.
Schedule of Activities
8:30 – 9:00 Registration
9:00 – 10:00 Lecture: Sensorimotor problems seen in the premature and high risk infant
10:30 – 11:45 (with working break) Mat Activity: Proximal Activation
11:45 – 12:00 BAG Announcements
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch Break
13:15 -15:00: Mat Work: Tone Influencing Patterns in Treatment Activities (Problem Solving)
– Head and trunk control
– Arm use in play and daily activities
– Use of the lower extremities for postural stability and transitions
15:00 – 15:15 Break
15:15 – 16:00 More mat practice!
16:00 – 16:15 Q&A about specific problems
Pre-registration (From July 28- August 13, 2008): 1, 200 PhP
On-site registration: 1, 500 PhP
(Registration fee includes 2 snacks and handouts.)
Please wear comfortable clothes and socks. Bring also a doll (with dimensions that approximate an infant).
For reservations and inquiries, sms or call BAG-Philippines at 0917 733 6409. You may also send them an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.