Visual Strategies: The Key to Improving Communication, Behaviour and Social Skills
2 Days Workshop
VCF funding pricing is 60% (Singaporean) and 40% (foreigner)
Dates: 6 & 7 Dec 2007
Time: 9 am – 5 pm
Furama Riverfront Hotel
405 Havelock Road,
Speaker: Linda Hodgdon
Communication challenges are a defining feature of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). The social skill and behaviour difficulties demonstrated by these individuals are frequently related to their communication problems.
While it is common for educational programming to focus on enhancing expressive communication, comparatively little attention is directed towards supporting the student’s ability to understand. Research has shown that use of visual strategies supports communication, helps students organise their lives, reduces behaviour problems and increases functional communication.
This course provides a comprehensive framework that helps individuals focus their attention, understand communication and the demands of their world via a system of visual tools and aids that enhances comprehension and interaction with the surrounding.
Participants will learn to:
Course Fees & Closing Dates
Early Bird: 7 Oct 07; S$ 500
Normal: 28 Oct 07; S$ 550
Terms and Conditions
1) Please note that registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis and course fees must be paid prior to closing date to reserve a place.
2) Payment of fees is not a guarantee for the event to be staged as planned. Should the event be cancelled for any reason, a full refund will be made to all registered participants and no other claims are allowed. The organiser disclaims responsibility should any change in the event occur for any reason.
3) Participants to the full 2-days seminar are not allowed to split registration for different persons unless informed to organiser.
4) The registration fees include a set of handouts, a lunch and 2 tea breaks.
5) No refund of fees for participant cancellations including medical leave but substitutions are allowed with written request to organiser at least two working days before the course commences.
6) Food served will be “no pork and no lard”.
7) All information provided herein are accurate up to closing date of normal registration.
Download registration form here.
Source: Bridging Talents