Classroom Strategies for Managing Behaviors of students with ADHD, ADD and Dyslexia
Dates: 27 Nov 2007
Time: 9 am – 4.30 pm
Furama Riverfront Hotel
405 Havelock Road,
Speaker: Mark Le Messurier
Mark Le Messurier is a teacher, author and conference presenter. His background spans twenty years in the classroom which includes special education, adult education, child-centred education and community education projects. His expertise is developing cognitive behavioural training (CBT) programs to underpin the success of students frequently identified with learning, behavioural difficulties and personality disorders. He works in private practice at Fullarton House Adelaide, South Australia providing mentoring, educational advice, academic remediation and social skills training for children and teens. He is a recipient of the prestigious National Excellence in Teaching Award.
Mark regularly presents at workshops and conferences for public and independent schools, parents and interested groups throughout Australia and overseas. Mark has recently returned from New Zealand where he spoke as a Keynote Speaker for New Zealand’s International Learning Difficulty Conference held in Auckland. The theme was “Promoting Positive Connections from research to practice”
He had co-authored a book and video entitled ‘STOP & THINK Friendship.’ In 2004 Mark wrote ‘Cognitive Behavioural Training: A How-to Guide for Successful Behaviour.’ Mark has also completed a training and development film on Learning Difficulties – ‘Reflections on Dyslexia’. His latest book, Parenting Tough Kids: Simple Proven Strategies for Success has only just been released. It is already on the bestseller list in Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
Participants will learn:
1. ADHD/ADD/Dyslexia quiz – your self-assessment
2. Behavioral characteristics of ADHD/ADD/Dyslexia
3. Ways/strategies to set ADHD/ ADD/Dyslexia up for success in their relationship with others
4. Understanding the roadblocks to change
5. Best teaching practices to engage students with ADHD/ADD/Dyslexia
6. Ideas to adjust curriculum delivery for students with ADHD/ADD/Dyslexia
Course Fees & Closing Dates
Early Bird: 14 Oct 07; S$ 180
Normal: 4 Nov 07; S$ 200
Terms and Conditions
1) Please note that registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis and course fees must be paid prior to closing date to reserve a place.
2) Payment of fees is not a guarantee for the event to be staged as planned. Should the event be cancelled for any reason, a full refund will be made to all registered participants and no other claims are allowed. The organiser disclaims responsibility should any change in the event occur for any reason.
3) Participants to the seminar are not allowed to split registration for different persons unless informed to organiser.
4) One set of handouts, a lunch and tea-break(s) shall be given to the registered participant.
5) No refund of fees for participant cancellations including medical leave but substitutions are allowed with written request to organiser at least two working days before the course commences.
6) Food served will be “no pork and no lard”.
7) All information provided herein are accurate up to closing date of normal registration.
Download registration form here.
Source: Bridging Talents