When & Where
March 7-8, 2009
Occupational Therapy Section,
Dept. of Rehabilitation Medicine, UP-PGH
Taft Ave., Manila, Philippines
The program is focused on hands-on training with step by step demonstration and direct supervision. Ample time will be given to facilitate learning of the techniques. Creativity and problem solving are emphasized.
The program also includes an opening lecture for review of splinting principles and a complimentary manual for future reference.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles and methods of splinting the burn patient
- Identify critical landmarks and anatomical considerations during pattern-making and fabrication
- Describe properties of thermoplastic materials and recognize the value of a problem solving approach toward splinting
- Evaluate splint for correct fit, functional use, and effectiveness
- Explore and identify suitable splint designs appropriate for specific burn location
- Gain hands-on experience in fabrication of burn-type splints
Anti-deformity Hand Splint
Anterior Neck Splint
Long Arm Univalve Splint
Students: Php 2,500
Professionals: Php 3,000
Fee is inclusive of: 3 Snacks, 1 Packed Lunch, Splinting Kit, Seminar Manual, Certificate of Participation, and Selected Take Home Splints.
Please secure your registration on or before February 23, 2009. Registration is on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis. Slots limited to 36 participants ONLY.
For inquiries please call the Occupational Therapy Section at (632) 521-8450 local 3034 (office hours) and look for Janice Tañgi or Nelson Alconcel. You may also drop by the OT Section of the Dept. of Rehabilitation Medicine, UP-PGH in Taft Ave., Manila.