When & Where
22-24 October 2009
Washington DC, USA
The International Policy Summit on Direct Access and Advanced Scope of Practice in Physical Therapy is hosted by WCPT, CPA, and APTA. The objective of the summit is to share international experiences in developing and implementing policy in these areas. A combination of high profile presenters, posters, discussion sessions, and a working group will help to address key questions involving Direct Access and Advanced Scope of Practice.
Key questions include:
1. How the scope of practice is defined and what is constitutes extended scope?
2. When do extended scope roles become established practice? What are the drivers for changes in scope of practice?
3. Political, economical, professional, patient driven?
4. How does policy drive professional change versus how does the profession drive political change?
5. What are the implications for professional standards and regulation as a result of changes in scope of practice?
6. What is the evidence for advanced practice, consultant, and extended scope roles in physiotherapy (not limited to musculoskeletal)?
7. What are the implications for qualifying and post-qualifying education?
8. What are the implications for multiprofessional relationships, professional boundaries and role definitions / negotiations?
9. What liability or insurance issues are there?
For more information on this event, click here.