Core Skills Therapy Center invites you to a seminar-workshop for parents, speech-language pathologists, and speech pathology students on assessment and management of auditory and language processing disorders that impact a child’s overall development, learning, and language function. Presented by Ms. Anna-Kathrina Abraham (Speech-Language Pathologist).
Salitao Hall, Christ the King Seminary Compound
E. Rodriguez Avenue (near Quezon City Sports Club)
September 23, 2007 (Sunday)
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
PhP 950 / Parents
PhP 950 / Speech-Language Pathologists
PhP 600 / Students
For inquiries and reservation, please call 4101525 /7127496 or text 0917-5277507 (Susie), 0917-3271728 (Bambie), 0917-3271636 (Nancy).
9:00-10:00 – Bobath Concept
10:00-12:00 – Normal Development
12:00- 1:00 – Lunch Break
1:00- 3:00 – Hand Function in Cerebral Palsy
3:00-4:00 – Treatment Demonstration
4:00-5:00 – Discussion/ Q&A and BAG Announcements
Lecturer: Ms. Deanna Kathrina Z. Maranion, PTRP, certified pediatric Bobath therapist
Facilitator: Ms. Araceli Socorro S. Estose, PTRP, pediatric therapist
CHAMP International Hostel at 26 Kamias Road, West Kamias, Quezon City, Philippines
16 September 2007, Sunday
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Registration fee is Php 1,200 and includes handouts, lunch and 2 snacks. Pre-registration period is from August 27 to September 8, 2007. Pre-registrants are given Php 100 discount.
For more information, please contact Ms. Araceli Socorro S. Estose at mobile number +639177163644 or e-mail address bobath_philippines @yahoo.com.
At the end of the course the participant is expected to:
- Understand the Bobath concept in its current form, and its applications in the assessment and treatment of the child with cerebral palsy.
- Identify the needs of children with cerebral palsy based on the Bobath clinical classification.
- Apply principles of Bobath in making sound assessment.
- Discuss possible treatment strategies based on the Bobath approach.
- Choose appropriate treatment options based on the needs of a child with cerebral palsy.
- Demonstrate skill in handling and implementing tone influencing patterns during supervised practice sessions with a partner and supervised treatment sessions with a child with cerebral palsy.
Mr. Jung-Sun Hong
Senior International Bobath Instructor; Vice-President of the ABPIA and Vice-Director of the Bobath Children’s Hospital, South Korea.
Mr. Katsumasa Kii
Senior International Bobath Instructor; Member of the ABPIA and Head of Children’s Center, Bobath Memorial Hospital, Tokyo, Japan.
With Bobath International Instructors and Bobath-trained medical professionals from the Korean Bobath Association and the Japan Bobath Association
Continue reading Bobath Pediatric Introductory Course in Manila
2nd Sports Science Convention
Hydration & Human Performance: Scientific Concepts and Practical Applications
To educate the participants on optimizing health and performance through research and education in hydration and condition science
- to educate the participants on the physiology of fluid loss and replacement
- to educate the participants on the importance of rehydration in training and competition of athletes
- to demonstrate to the participants testing procedures used to assess endurance and fluid loss among athletes of selected sports
- to present research findings on the performance of collegiate and elite athletes in physiologic testing and monitoring
- to educate and demonstrate to the participants the importance of motor skills development
- to enhance participants’ knowledge on plyometrics and core stability exercises
- to educate and demonstrate specific skills to train for speed and endurance
About the Guest Speakers
Dr. Xiaocai Shi
A principal scientist, joined the Gatorade Sorts Science Institute in Barrington , Illinois in 1994. His major responsibility is to provide scientific, educational and technical support to the Gatorade business in Asia/Pacific. He obtained his bachelor’s degree from Shanghai Teacher’s University in 1982, his mater’s degree from ball State University in 1990 and his PhD from the University of Iowa in 1994. His research interests are mainly in the area of gastric emptying and intestinal absorption of water, carbohydrates and electrolytes. Dr. Shi is actively involved in many scientific conferences in Asia pacific and has made numerous presentations on fluid replacement, temperature regulation and intestinal absorption of carbohydrates, fluids and electrolytes in many Asian countries. He is a fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine.
Prof. Chumpol Pholpramool, PhD, BSc (Hons)
He received his BSc (Hons) in Organic Chemistry from the University of Medical Sciences (currently Mahidol University ) in 1968. Then he was awarded a scholarship from the Rockefeller Foundation to study physiology at the University of Pennsylvania, USA . He was the Deputy Director at the Institute of Science and Technology for research and Development, Mahidol University and chaired the national Collaborative Research Network in Physiology sponsored by the Commission on Higher Education. At international level, he is the Past president of the Federation of the Asian and Oceana Physiological Societies (FAOPS). He is currently a member of the Gatorade Asia advisory board.
Jaime Poolton, PhD
Recently completed his PhD at the institute of Human Performance , The University of Hong Kong and holds a First Class Honors Degree in Sport and Exercise Science from the University of Birmingham, UK. Jaime’s interests are in understanding skill failure under pressure, with emphasis on the development of skill acquisition techniques to combat this debilitating phenomenon.
October 29-30, 2007
University of Santo Tomas
Espana, Manila, Philippines
For registration, please call Anne, Finnie, Marty at 406-1611 or 786-1611 local 8454/8455/8280 or 7409713.