A Forum on Present and Projected Issues of the Physical Therapy Profession
25 September 2011 (Sunday)
CME Auditorium, University of Santo Tomas, Manila
This is a half-day forum which aims to provide a venue to discuss the present significant issues being confronted by the physical therapy profession and its individual professionals regarding regulation, education, service delivery, and professional organization representation. The forum also aims provide an opportunity for major stakeholders of the physical therapy profession in the country to present their views regarding the future state of profession in the areas of licensure and regulation, undergraduate and post-graduate education, service demand and supply, and professional organization.
The following stakeholders shall be invited to be presenters and panel members for the forum:
- Professional Regulation Commission, represented by the members of the Regulatory Board for Occupational and Physical Therapy;
- Commission on Higher Education, represented by the members of the Technical Panel for Physical Therapy Education;
- Department of Health, represented by the Health Human Resource Development Bureau;
- Philippine Physical Therapy Association, represented by its Board of Directors and Board of Officers;
- Association of Philippine Physical Therapy Students, represented by its Board of Officers;
- Officers of the Occupational Therapy Association of the Philippines and the Philippine Association of Speech Pathologists.
The forum is open to all physical therapy students, graduates, and professionals. No registration fees will be commanded. However, prior registration would highly be encouraged via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (Indicate Subject: PT forum 25 Sept).
Proposed program for the forum:
Time & Details
8:00 am – 8:45 am Registration
8:45 am – 9:00 am Opening program (invocation, national anthem, and opening remarks)
9:00 am – 9:30 am Philippine Physical Therapy Association, Inc. presentation
9:30 am – 10:00 am Commission on Higher Education presentation
10:00 am – 10:30 am Professional Regulations Commission presentation
10:30 am – 10:45 am Break
10:45 am – 11:15 am Department of Health presentation
11:15 am – 11:30 am Association of Philippine Physical Therapy Students presentation
11:30 am – 12:30 pm Open forum
12:30 pm – 12:45 pm Closing program (presentation of certificates and closing remarks)